Wind Transducers have a tough life, experiencing extreme weather, constant movement and the occassional seagull. Therefore it is no surprise that they can often fail. With this in mind, our WND100 marine wind sensor features an ultra tough design with UV and salt resistant plastics, Igildur™ bearings for exceptional life and corrosion resistance. Data transmission is via a super-thin 20m digital cable providing fast update NMEA0183 ($WIMWV) data. Therefore allowing maximum compatibility with legacy instrument systems and multi-function displays.
The WND100 Wind Sensor with NMEA 2000 version includes the Digital Yacht iKonvert NMEA 2000 gateway. This therefore allows an easy and flexible install of the NMEA 2000 without the need for cumbersome drop cables. It allows an easy and thin 20m cable to be run from the WND100 to the nearest point on the NMEA 2000 backbone. Thus allowing the iKonvert to connect to it.
If you have an existing wind transducer that has failed or you want to add wind data to a multi-function display (MFD). You should consider if our marine wind sensor WND100, before splashing out on an expensive complete wind system from one of the bigger brands. Check if the WND100 can be connected up to your existing displays. This will not only save yourself significant money, but also install a transducer that will take whatever mother nature has to throw at it.
- Ultra tough marine wind sensor.
- Igildur™ bearings for exceptional life and corrosion resistance
- UV, Salt water and high impact resistant plastics
- 12/24v DC operation with minimal power consumption
- Super thin 20m Mast Head cable
- Industry standard NMEA0183 Output for maximum compatibility
- NMEA 2000 version is supplied with iKonvert (NMEA2000-NMEA0183 converter) allowing easy and flexible NMEA 2000 installation
- $WIMWV sentence output at 5Hz (configurable)